Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm a Fortney!

We've been married for 52 days so Let's rewind to 51 days ago. Rehearsal dinner, check. Catch ya on the flip side, Fortney. 

 “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” Ruth 1:16-17

As many of you might not know, September 3, 2011(our wedding date) was the LSU/Oregon football game which was conveniently located in the great city of Arlington, TX. Nine months before, when we decided on a wedding date, we didn't take into consideration the College Football schedule. We started venue searching which is one of the first things you should do when planning a wedding. My friend, theknot.com, told me that. Anyway, we went to a few venues with a estimated number of attendants in mind. We checked out a few venues and nothing was really sticking out to us. And then we found the Ballpark. It was the perfect venue, perfect location, nice staff, and great view. So we went for it. If you're not familiar with Arlington, the Ballpark and Cowboys stadium are 1 mile apart. Remember when I mentioned the college football game? Hotel prices went up, parking was going to be a mess, and there would be a LOT of people in Arlington the weekend of my wedding. So we decided on a day wedding to make everything a little less crazy.

I (Melissa) woke up at 3:22 a.m. It was my wedding day, you expect me to sleep? No. Absolutely not. My life was about to change. For the better, of course. I was going to marry a man I have been friends with for 5 years. We had a solid friendship, now we get to embark on the journey of marriage together. We had the proper pre marital counseling, Thanks Craig and Carrie!  

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith." Romans 1:11-12

The wedding was beautiful, everything I wanted and more. So many special people came to celebrate with us and we are very blessed to have each of you in our lives. Thank you for your prayers and blessings.

We are now in the process of learning how to be married, keeping up with a blog, settling into our lovely MoHo (obviously), and keeping up with the hustle and bustle.  We’ll work on keeping up with this thing…it may take some time.  We ask for your continued prayers as we are in such a cool learning phase of life and marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment